This year we are excited to be back together with the return of our annual Labor Day breakfast followed by a powerful march in the streets and rally in support of hotel workers.
Labor Day Schedule: Workers at the Hyatt Centric have been negotiating for their first contract for a year and a half. After breakfast, we'll march from the Park Plaza to the Hyatt Centric and rally at the hotel. Below is the day's schedule.
- 7:30am --Doors open, coffee station upstairs in Ballroom B, Park Plaza Hotel, Boston
- 8:30am --Breakfast and program begin at Park Plaza Ballroom A (tickets required - see below)
- 10am--Gather at Park Plaza Hotel (Meet at Park Plaza and Columbus Ave) - all welcome!
- 10:30am--March through Downtown Boston
- 11am--Rally at Hyatt Centric Hotel (54 Devonshire St)
Breakfast details and updates:
- This year as unions focus on worker-led organizing, we encourage union leadership to bring rank-and-file union members as guests at their tables, and if you are able, sponsor additional workers who are still organizing to be in a union.
- Who’s on the mic? Politicians and candidates are still welcome to attend, but this time workers will take to the podium to celebrate worker power!
- What to Wear? We suggest you dress comfortably and encourage everyone to wear your union or movement t-shirts to show solidarity.
- Reserve your tables of 10, $100/per ticket or $1,000/table. Click here for the sponsorship ticket form. Please send checks to GBLC, 8 Beacon Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02128 by August 26th or contact Rachael for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).